3601 N. Military Trail, Boca Raton, FL 33431
+1 561-237-7000 | 1-800-994-LYNN
Snyder Sanctuary cemented on the Lynn University campus
Published Jun. 25, 2014
This month saw improved progress on the Snyder Sanctuary, most notably with the addition of cement. The multi-faith facility, which celebrated its ground-breaking in March, is anticipated to open in the fall.
The non-denominational sanctuary encourages students to visit and explore different beliefs and shared values. Designed as a center for refuge, the Snyder Sanctuary will inspire individuals to explore their spirituality, no matter their cultural background.
The 1,700-square-foot building will provide seating for 140 people with features including:
- An exterior labyrinth that references ancient meditation rituals and patterns
- An attractive exterior structure that contains seven concrete panel walls that symbolically demonstrates the interdependence of all living things
- Skylights that change the patterns of natural light throughout the day
- A comfortable lounge area adorned with a piano
- An additional 2,000 square-foot wing, including a dedicated lobby, lounge, 20-seat classroom and preparatory room
"Construction is well underway and we are very excited about the project and anticipate a late fall completion date," said Gregory J. Malfitano, senior vice president for development and administration. "The iconic building will be a great addition to our campus."
The Snyder Sanctuary was designed by Newman Architects, designers of the existing Keith C. and Elaine Johnson Wold Performing Arts Center and the Eugene M. and Christine E. Lynn Library on campus.
You can follow the sanctuary's progress by visiting Lynn University's Flickr page.