3601 N. Military Trail, Boca Raton, FL 33431
+1 561-237-7000 | 1-800-994-LYNN
Florida Society of News Editors to host events on Lynn’s campus
Published Oct. 02, 2012
On Monday, Oct. 15, the Florida Society of News Editors (FSNE), an organization dedicated to advancing the cause of responsible journalism in Florida, is coming to Lynn University to host their annual board meeting and two panel discussions.
The panel discussions, at 2 p.m. and 4 p.m., are free and open to the public. They will be held in Lynn’s Amarnick-Goldstein Concert Hall in the de Hoernle International Center.
2 p.m. FSNE editors' forum
The FSNE editors' forum will be moderated by Mark Russell, editor, Orlando Sentinel.
- Bob Gabordi, editor, Tallahassee Democrat
- Phil Lewis, editor, Naples News
- Jim Baltzelle, Florida bureau chief Caribbean sales manager for the Associated Press
- McNelly Torres, co-founder and associate director of the Florida Center for Investigative Reporting and a former investigative reporter for the Sun Sentinel
4 p.m. FSNE panel on coverage of the presidential race
The FSNE panel on coverage of the presidential debate, with an emphasis on the importance of the Hispanic vote in Florida, will be moderated by The Associated Press' Brendan Farrington, a political reporter based in Tallahassee.
- Sergio Bustos, Miami Herald political editor
- Anthony Man, Sun Sentinel political reporter
- Robert P. Watson, Lynn professor and political commentator
- Marilys Llanos, senior reporter at Telemundo Channel 51
“We’re excited to be working with Lynn University this year,” said Mark Russell, editor of the Orlando Sentinel and president of the FSNE in a recent video. See the live feed of election news from FSNE affiliates on debate2012.lynn.edu.