3601 N. Military Trail, Boca Raton, FL 33431
+1 561-237-7000 | 1-800-994-LYNN
Business leaders advise students at the Fall 2009 CEO Lecture Series
Published Aug. 26, 2009
Each semester, Lynn’s College of Business and Management brings a semester’s worth of CEOs and successful entrepreneurs to professor Eldon Bernstein’s 400-level class for the CEO Lecture Series.
This semester’s line-up includes an impressive list of businessmen – many of whom have been making headlines in local and national news – including John Johnston, managing editor of Boca Raton News (Sept. 2); Jeff Aronson, CEO and founder of Cash4Gold (Sept. 23); and Steve Fassberg, CEO and founder of The Original Brooklyn Water Bagel Company (Oct. 14), along with 11 other scheduled speakers.
The lectures, held every Wednesday evening at 6 p.m. in the de Hoernle Lecture Hall in the Louis and Anne Green Center are free and open to the public. See a complete Fall 2009 schedule below.
According to recent reports, although the print edition of the Boca Raton News has ceased, as Johnston will discuss, the publication is adapting to the changing news cycle and will continue with an online newspaper. Aronson founded Cash4Gold, a mail-in refining services for unwanted jewelry, in 2007. As featured on NBC’s Today Show and ABC’s Good Morning America, Cash4Gold, especially in the time of recession, is the industry leader and a nationally recognized brand for its innovative business model. Steve Fassberg used innovation to create the perfect Brooklyn bagel by replicating New York's water.
“Although the class is primarily for upperclassmen, the emphasis on entrepreneurship and innovation is valuable to all students who enter the workforce, not only business majors,” said Bernstein. “Hearing advice and real-life stories of trial and error from these business leaders can help them make decisions about their lives and future business paths."
CEO Lecture Series Fall 2009 schedule:
- Sept. 2 – John Johnston, managing editor of the Boca Raton News
- Sept. 9 – Peter Pezaris, CEO and founder of Multiply, Inc. (a search engine specific for social networks)
- Sept. 16 – Steve Sager, CEO of Sager Development Corporation. Sager owns and operates more than a dozen Subway restaurants in Palm Beach County and is responsible for introducing the $5 foot-long marketing concept
- Sept. 23 – Jeff Aronson, CEO and founder of Cash4Gold
- Sept. 30 – Michael Gordon, CEO and founder of Pizza Fusion (an earth-friendly, 75% organic menu)
- Oct. 7 – Tarra Pressey – CEO and founder of Tarra Enterprises
- Oct. 14 – Steve Fassberg, CEO and founder of The Original Brooklyn Water Bagel Company
- Oct. 21 – Joseph Firestone, former CEO of Electronics Boutique Holding Corporation (recently renamed EB Games)
- Oct. 28 – Sy Sperling, former CEO and founder of The Hair Club
- Nov. 4 – David Fater, CEO and founder of Vicor Technologies, Inc. (the groundbreaking PD2i technology that analyzes heart activity to detect risk of sudden cardiac death, triage trauma victims, etc.)
- Nov. 11 – Timothy Loomer, CEO and founder of Campus Management Corp.
- Nov. 18 – Lori Alf, CEO of Tracking Innovations
- Dec. 2 – Sam Zeitz, CEO and founder of American Bancard
The lecturers, times and dates are subject to change. To confirm a lecture, or for more information on Lynn’s Fall 2009 CEO series, contact the College of Business and Management at 561-237-7001.